EFFECTIVE JUNE 10TH, 2020:
It’s been almost 4 weeks since George’s voluntarily suspended operations and we’re happy to report that we’ll be reopening June 10, 2020. While the decision to close was difficult, we determined it was the best way to move forward…for our staff, for our customers and for our community.
Upon reopening, you’ll notice a few changes inside and outside the store. On the outside, our parking lot has been completely repaved and restriped and we’re in the process of making a few changes to signage; these are all positive things and won’t affect the customer experience.
Changes inside the store are where you’ll notice most of the differences. These changes include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Store hours are now Mon to Sunday 8AM-8PM until further notice; these reduced hours will allow more time for cleaning, stocking shelves and employee rest.
- We added additional checkout lanes to better facilitate the flow of customer traffic.
- All employees will have face coverings; we strongly encourage that customers do as well.
- In an effort to limit the number of people inside the store at any given time, we respectfully ask that no more than 2 people per family shop at the same time. To the extent possible, we ask that children be left at home.
- Signs and floor decals displaying social distancing guidelines and best practices are posted throughout the store; we ask that these guidelines be followed and respected.
- Some shelving and product placement within the store have been reconfigured to allow for more room between customers.
- No product returns or exchanges will be available until further notice.
- We’ll be offering more prepackaged items, especially in the bakery and meat departments, to limit the amount of people handling these products.
Some of these measures will (hopefully) be temporary; others will be permanent. All were put in place with the well-being of our staff, customers and community in mind.
We appreciate your cooperation during these unprecedented times. George’s just celebrated 35 years in business and with your continued support, we look forward to serving you for the next 35 years and beyond…
George’s International Market offers Fort Wayne’s most diverse selection of International foods, fresh produce, meats and cheeses. Also find made fresh daily salsa, guacamole pico de gaillo and delectable pastries, breads and cakes from our bakery. Our assortment of fresh foods are hand picked from select markets in Chicago and New York. Indiana may be a long way from home or you may be looking to explore new cuisine from other cultures. Regardless of your motivation, George’s International Market, on the corner of Broadway and Taylor, in downtown Fort Wayne will surely fill all of your cuisine needs.